Gear up ladies! The country’s most awaited and glamorous beauty pageant Femina Miss India, is all set to jumpstart. Yes you hear it right, it’s time to enhance one’s personality, set fitness goals and showcase the best of oneself.
In its 54th edition, the most sought after beauty pageant, will explore potential talent through a nation-wide expedition in all 30 states. Empowering home-grown talent, these representatives will be titled as fbb Colors Femina Miss India Kerala 2017, fbb Colors Femina Miss India Karnataka 2017 etc, before the final round where the national winners will be crowned.
The fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2017 auditions will be divided across four zones:
The Top 3 contestants from every state will be provided a Golden Ticket to the State’s Zonal crowning ceremony which will be held in Bangalore (South Zone), Delhi (North Zone), Kolkata (East Zone) and Pune (West Zone) where one deserving girl will get a chance to represent her state at the Grand Finale in Mumbai.
The eligibility criteria to apply for fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2017:
- For a person to be eligible from a state, she needs to be:
- Currently residing in that state, or
- Born in that state, or
- A native of that state – her parents reside in that state or she has completed her education until the 12th standard from that state
To give more opportunities to participating girls, the height criteria has been reduced to 5’5” and the swimwear round has been eliminated from the auditions.
Each of the four zones will be led by a celebrity mentor who has been given the responsibility of judging and selecting the best talent from their respective zones while guiding and sharing their experience.
- The NORTH ZONE will be mentored by fashionista Neha Dhupia– Former Miss India, an actress, and also a talk show host. Having donned many hats over a period of time, Neha has proven her prowess in every project that she has undertaken
- The SOUTH ZONE will be mentored by Parvathy Omanakuttan- Miss India 2008. Parvathy was crowned the first runner-up at Miss World 2008. A true blue South Siren, Parvathy has showcased her acting skills in many South-Indian movies including Billa II, KQ, Nambiar, etc. She has also been seen in a few Bollywood films and television reality shows including Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- The WEST ZONE will be mentored by Waluscha de Sousa, who recently made her Bollywood debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Fan’. Waluscha started her modeling career as a teenager, and has walked the ramp for many well-known designers.
- The EAST ZONE will be mentored by Dipannita Sharma, An Indian supermodel and actress, who won the Miss Photogenic title during Miss India 1998. From walking the ramp for major designers to starring in movies like 16th December, Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, Jodi Breakers, etc, her journey has been an inspiring one; the aspiring contestants will have a lot to learn from her.
Proudly holding a lineage of transforming the lives of many talented young women, who have gone on to become icons in the fashion and glamour industry, fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2017 vows to continue this tradition. All the finalists of fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2017 will undergo rigorous training and grooming sessions from the best experts in the industry before the Grand Finale in June. With a dynamic and holistic approach towards coaching all the finalists, apart from the fame & glory the winners stand to chance to win prize in cash & kind to a core and above.